Mediator | Arbitrator
Michael A. Hawash
Texas Justice Center
4900 Fournace Place, Suite 200
Bellaire, Texas 77401
Over a career that spans three decades, Mr. Hawash has experience handling a variety of civil disputes, including those arising out of breach of contract, deceptive trade practices, insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, personal injury, professional malpractice, and other general business disputes.
Licensed to practice law in all courts throughout Texas, Mr. Hawash has frequently been admitted pro hac vice by the bar associations of many other states.
As a distinguished mediator and trained early dispute resolution professional, Mr. Hawash is often engaged as a neutral to aid parties in finding fair and economical solutions to disputes outside of the courtroom, typically with a massive savings of time, energy and expense. Mr. Hawash can serve as a neutral in both traditional and dynamic mediation, as an early dispute resolution professional using the EDR Institute protocols, and as a Texas Department of Insurance selected mediator using the Out-of-Network Claim Dispute Resolution process.
In addition to traditional court cases, Mr. Hawash also handles arbitrations brought under the American Arbitration Association (AAA), Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services (JAMS) and International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) rules.
- Business / Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury / Tort
- Real Estate
- Doctor of Jurisprudence | The University of Houston, 1994
- B.A. in Government | The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
- B.A. in History | The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
Memberships, Affiliations & Licenses
- AAA, Advanced Mediation Strategies in the Digital Age, 2021
- American Bar Association, Advanced Mediation & Advocacy Skills Institute, 2021
- Association of Attorney-Mediators, Advanced Attorney-Mediator Training, 2020
- Mediate University, Ethical Considerations for Use of Online Dispute Resolution, 2020
- Association of Attorney-Mediators, Advanced Mediator Training, 2019
- AA White, Dispute Resolution Center, Mediation Training, 2018
- Admitted to the Bar: Texas (1994); US District Court: Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas; US Court of Appeals: 5th Circuit
- Trustee, Early Dispute Resolution Institute
- American Bar Association, Committee on Early Dispute Resolution
- American Bar Association, Committee on ADR Practice Management, Business & Skills Development;
- American Bar Association, Committee on Mediation;
- Association of Attorney-Mediators;
- Texas Association of Mediators;
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association
Local Areas Served
- Houston, TX