Mediator | Arbitrator
WILLIAM "BILL" MCLEOD
Texas Justice Center
14237 E Sam Houston Pkwy N.
Houston Texas 77044
Tel: (713) 227-6300
Professional and qualified attorney with over twenty-one (21) years of legal experience, former Judge of a Harris County Civil Court at Law, Certified through Mediators & Arbitrators of America with Advanced Certifications in Civil and Family Training Under Civil Practice and Remedies Code section 154.052. I also have received the Certification in accordance with the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Title 7 Chapter 171 to conduct Arbitrations from Mediators & Arbitrators of America.
Accomplished attorney with a strong background in civil litigation who consistently achieves favorable results for clients. Court appointments for Guardian Ad Litem, Attorney Ad Litem, Special Commissioner, Umpire appointments or by agreement of the parties, mediation of civil cases when the parties need help in evaluating the risk cost factors of their cases before a trial would be required looking for a fair settlement for all parties to be able to feel good with a successful resolution, and arbitration of disputes wherein the parties need a valuable determination of their case and all parties can conclude the final outcome is based on the law.
- Business / Commercial Law
- Custody & Divorce
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury & Torts
- Real Estate
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence in Law TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY THURGOOD MARSHALL SCHOOL OF LAW.
- M.S., Master of Science in Counseling TEXAS A&M UNIVERSI1Y FORMERLY KNOWN AS EAST TEXAS STATE UNJVERSI1Y.
- B.A., Business Administration TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY.
Memberships, Affiliations & Licenses
- HARRIS COUNTY CIVIL COURT AT LAW NUMBER FOUR ( 4) Judge
- Been appointed as Guardian Ad litem in over one hundred (100) cases in the Civil District Courts and Civil County Courts of Harris County Texas;
- Been appointed as Attorney Ad litem for all kinds of matters in over seventy-five (75) cases in the Civil District Courts and Civil County Courts of Law of Harris County Texas;
- Been appointed as Special Commissioner over seventy-five (75) cases by Harris County Civil Courts at Law and by the Civil District Courts of Harris County Texas;
- Received Certificate of Special Commissioner Appointment for Service as a Special Commissioner;
- Been appointed by the Harris County District Court Ancillary Judges or by agreement of the parties over one-hundred and twenty-five (125) times as an “Umpire.” I have served as an Umpire for cases all across Texas; and
- I have been conducting Mediations and Arbitrations since 2006. I have been appointed to l00’s of cases from a Harris County Civil Court at Law Bench, with a strong background in Counseling and a Law Degree this was the perfect fit to help resolve disputes. I am looking forward to continuing to provide these services in Texas or whichever State in the United States or Province in Canada have a need and would like for me to provide my expertise in resolving the parties’ conflicts.
- Bar Memberships: Texas State Bar Association, Houston Bar Association.
- Organizations: Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Trial Lawyers Association; Houston Bar Association; Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association Inc., Current Associate Membership; Texas Department of Insurance placed me on their roster of Appraisal Umpires; IAUA -Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association, Inc. certification as a Certified Property Insurance Umpire upon passing required examination. Member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International; Thurgood School of Law Member of the Executive Board Class of 2001; President of Thurgood School of Law Tax Society 2000 – 2001.
- Manage all aspects of cases from inception through completion;
- Representing plaintiffs or defendants for but not limited to contract matters, insurance issues, landlord-tenant disputes, employee-employer disputes, personal injury, fraud, conspiracy, deceptive trade practices and all family matters including divorce, custody and child support,
- Maintain close relationships with clients; and
- Court appointed Mediator, Guardian Ad Litem, Attorney Ad Litem, and Umpire, and Special Commissioner.
Local Areas Served
- Harris County Texas
- All Regions of Texas
- Any State in the United States and any Province across Canada, when warranted.