Mediator / Arbitrator
Alan F. Levin
Texas Justice Center
4900 Fournace Place, Suite 200
Bellaire, Texas 77401
Tel: (888) 852-3010
- Shareholder and Managing Officer, The Levin Law Group, P.C., f/k/a Levin & Kasner, P.C. (1978 to Current).
- Licensed to practice in The State of Texas, all four (4) Texas Federal Districts Courts, the Fifth Circuit, the United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court.
- Over Fifty-three (53) years of experience in complex civil litigation and appellate work. Represented plaintiffs and defendants in various commercial, personal injury, bankruptcy, real estate, banking and municipality cases.
- Certified Mediator having handled over nine thousand (9,000) cases, focusing on complex business cases, intellectual property disputes, class actions, mass torts and collective actions, serious personal injury, energy related disputes, real estate, securities, banking, bankruptcy, construction and medical malpractice cases.
- Experienced arbitrator; individually and on panels handling numerous complex multi-party Arbitration and Master in Chancery cases.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston College of Law
- Frequent CLE Lecturer.
- Fellow, State Bar College.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (Highest Rating Available).
- Lawyer of the Year by peer vote through Best Attorneys (2021)
- Elected by peers one of four top arbitrators in Texas through Best Attorneys (2021)
- Texas Super Lawyer in ADR (multiple years)
- Selected by Law Dragon as top 500 Leading Judges & Arbitrators in America.
- Selected by Law Dragon as top 3000 Leading Attorneys in America.
- Selected by peers as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the ADR specialty
- Past Chairman of the Board, Houston Independent Bank, N.A. (11 years)
- Director and Trustee, Leo N. Levi National Arthritis Hospital, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Class Action & Mass Tort
- Custody & Divorce
- Employment Law
- Energy & Utilities
- Entertainment & Sports
- Family Law
- Health Systems
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury & Torts
- Real Estate
- Honor graduate, University of Houston College of Law
- Graduated, Harvard Law School, Advanced Mediation Workshop
- Honor graduate, Old Dominion University. Training and experience in clinical psychology prior to being drafted.
*Assistant Editor of the Law Review
*Garwood Award for Academic Excellence
*Chief Justice of the Student Court
*Chief Student Defender
Memberships, Affiliations & Licenses
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, South Texas Center for Legal Responsibility – Mediation Council
- Member, South Texas Center for Legal Responsibility – Professional Responsibility Council
- Member, Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- Member, Attorney-Mediators Association
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Charter Member, Texas Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Trustee and Life Member, State Bar Foundation
- Member Houston Bar Association Speakers Bureau
- Big Brother and co-founder of Big Brothers and Big Sisters Foundation in Houston;
- Past member of Houston Board of Directors
- Chairman, Texas Prisoner’s Rehabilitation and Visitation Program
- Trustee, Prisoner’s Aid Foundation
- Past Vice President, B’nai B’rith International (58 Nations)
- Past Chief Justice, B’nai B’rith International Court of Appeals
- Chairman, B’nai B’rith International Center for Senior Services
- Recipient of first Label A. Katz International Leadership Award
- Past President, B’nai B’rith District Seven (seven southern states)
- Chairman and Trustee, B’nai B’rith Opportunity House for Alcoholic Rehabilitation
- Past President, Congregation Beth Yeshurun
- Chairman, Houston Jewish Community Foundation
- Past Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Houston Board of Directors
- Past Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Houston Executive Committee
- Associate General Chairman, Houston United Jewish Campaign
- Chairman, Major Gifts Division of the Houston United Jewish Campaign
- Chairman, Attorneys Division of the Houston United Jewish Campaign
- Chairman, Houston Israel Bonds Cabinet
- Chairman, Israel Bonds New Leadership
- Past Member, Board of Directors, American Associates, Ben-Gurion University
- Past Member, Jewish National Fund Board of Directors
- Past Member, Board of Directors Jewish Children’s Regional Service
- Recipient, Jewish National Fund Citation of Honor
- Hadassah Associate Life Member
- Hadassah Founder
- Past President, J.B. Goldberg, Senior Citizens Housing Tower Foundation
- Chairman, Greater Houston Hillel Foundation Advisory Board
- Chairman, Houston Hillel
Local Areas Served
- All regions in Texas
- Great Plains
- Gulf Coast Plain
- San Antonio